The EMMETT Technique is a unique form of body relaxation therapy, involving the application of light finger pressure at specific points. It is based on the belief that light touch can trigger a relaxation response in the soft tissues of the body, and that the therapist may thereby help relieve areas of tension.
The result is often instantaneous feelings of greater comfort with a more relaxed and balanced appearance.
As with massage, Emmett Technique may assist by:
- Maintaining balance within the body to enhance and maintain well being, performance and quality of life
- Helping with recovery or rehabilitation
- Releasing tension and aiding relaxation
- Aiding flexibility and range of movement
- Stimulating circulation
- Developing the relationship between you and your dog
- Easing stiffness, tight joints and potential compensatory tension caused by arthritis or injury
- Assisting with desensitisation issues
- Aiding proprioception/awareness of areas of the body